Ultrasonic welding is the method of joining two parts by converting the electrical energy into the heat energy, It is suitable for the plastics and the metals.
Robotic ultrasonic welding is used in joining metal or plastic parts and generally in applications where higher speed and quality requirements are required.
For plastics: Common applications include bumper attachment, door panel components, dashboard assemblies, manifolds, filters, internal trim, and sensors for the automotive industry. The consumer electronics, sporting goods and cosmetic industries also utilize robotic ultrasonic welding for several applications.
For metals : Manufacturing battery packs is one application where robotic welding is required.
Advantages of ultrasonic welding :
- Ultrasonic welding can be applied to a diversity of combinations of material welding.
- Compared with spot welding; power consumption, weld deformation and surface cleaning need is low, the bond strength is high.
- Ultrasonic welding process welds thin to thick material combinations, It is excellent for Al, Cu and the other high-thermal-conductivity materials that are difficult to join by fusion processes, It can be used to join the wires and circuitry, So, It is perfect for use in the industries which produce the computer and electrical components.
- There is no pollution or thermal deterioration in the parts that are welded.
- The ultrasonic source is visually appealing because the finished product has no visible seam marks.